Last night I received a message from one of my Twitter followers. She’d tried to go to Earnestine & Hazel’s last night but it was closed, and she asked if I knew what was going on. I didn’t, but several people on South Main gave me details. Here’s what I have been told (this came from customers, not anyone who works there):
- They let two employees go, and as a result have been closed several nights a week
- They are taking cash only now
- They were open Monday but were closed other days this week.
If I learn more about what’s going on there, I will update.
Eric Clapton has been announced for an April 30 Mud Island Ampitheatre concert. Tickets will go on sale next week.
WREG reports that a bad odor has been leaking from Family Dollar on Main. It has been smelled next door at DeJaVu, and the chef is worried it will turn away his customers. A lawyer whose office is nearby has also complained that his clients smell the odor as soon as they walk into his lobby.
Bad news for those who purchase with plastic:
- FBI warns stores to prepare for more credit card hacks
- Tiny Bluetooth card skimmers will make you hug your debit card
That’s all for now. I am SO ready for this weekend and will be out at the usual spots a little before 6.