Sat update: Tennessee Brewery, Redbirds, concert series at Harbor Town, food truck news, Orpheum art sale

We now know who has the contract to purchase the Tennessee Brewery, saving it from demolition this summer. The CA reports that cell tower developer Billy Orgel has the contract. As of yet it is not known what Mr. Orgel plans to do with the building.

Huge night at the Redbirds tonight for their 6:05 game against the Sacramento River Cats (gates at AutoZone Park open at 5). It will be a fireworks night, the last of the season. The fireworks will be set to superhero-themed music, because it is also Superhero & Comic Night. The Redbirds invite fans to come to the game dressed as their favorite superhero or comic character. Select players will sign autographs in the plaza from 5 to 5:30 – remember, these guys are only one step away from the big leagues, so you might very well be getting your merchandise signed by the All-Stars of tomorrow. There will be baby races as well.

The first concert in the River Series at Harbor Town Amphitheater is tonight.  Doors will open at 6 PM with the Memphis Dawls taking the stage at 7 and Robby Grant at 8. This is the first of three fall concerts at the amphitheater. A minimum $5 donation for the Maria Montessori School is requested. There will be food by Miss Cordelia’s and you are welcome to bring a cooler as well. The amphitheater is across from Miss Cordelia’s and behind the Montessori school.

The organizers of Food Truck Fridays at Emerge Memphis wanted to express their apologies to anyone who came by yesterday. There was a miscommunication with the food truck and it never made it down. Food Truck Friday will be back this coming Friday with the Mark’s Grill food truck at Emerge Memphis, Tennessee Street at G.E. Patterson, for lunch from 11 to 2.

The Orpheum Art Sale happens today at 1.  Your $10 ticket gets you the chance to buy art by the Memphis area’s top artists, heavy hors d’oeuvres, and live music. Artists receive 75% of sales with the remaining 25% going toward the Orpheum’s new Centre for Performing Arts and Education.

I need to write a blog post on how to motivate me to do something. Some people get it, some people don’t.

Time to head to Panda’s bar at Bardog for Saturday day drinking. Plans for later TBD.