Carolina Watershed has made some fantastic upgrades to make its outdoor space appealing no matter the season, reports Jennifer Chandler of the CA. The flooring and sports amenities have been upgraded, as has the stage. Fire pits line the outdoor seating. They built a pit to roast whole hogs, too.
Beer alert: Momma’s will host a keg tapping of Memphis Made MEMPHIS AS TRUCK beer next Wednesday, February 3 at 5 PM. The beer is brewed with French Truck coffee and the keg is being tapped in a trucker-themed bar.
There are updated plans for the hotel to be built on Beale’s eastern end, with the plans now calling for six stories. Six stories, thirty stories, the square root of -1 stories… as long as 380 Beale does not house the Plush Club or a successor club, I’m good with it.
NOOOOOOOO! Popeye’s quietly removed its Cajun dirty rice side dish from its permanent menu. Worst move by a fast food chain since Taco Bell discontinued the Enchirito.
Mud Island news: MPD is investigating car break-ins on Harbor View Drive and Harbor Isle Circle.
Cerrito Entertainment, which does the live trivia and bingo games around town, is doing a free WWE Royal Rumble contest this weekend. Follow Cerrito Entertainment on Twitch, then sign up to enter. You will be given a number between 1 and 30 in the men’s or women’s Royal Rumble. If the wrestler assigned your number (in the order they come out) wins their Rumble match, you win a prize pack featuring a Cash Saver gift card (the Cash Saver Bottle Shop is a co-sponsor of the event).
Hey, you want my Royal Rumble predictions?
- Men’s Rumble: Final Four: Jey Uso, Cesaro, Big E, Bobby Lashley. Big E wins, and although a Smackdown superstar, he uses the opportunity to challenge for any championship to jump to Monday Night Raw and reunite with Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods. At Wrestlemania, New Day turns heel for the first time in years, and cheat for Big E to win the WWE championship. Also at Wrestlemania, The Hurt Business turns face, establishing Lashley as Big E’s top challenger.
- Women’s Rumble: Final Four: Alexa Bliss, Shayna Bayzler, Bayley, Bianca Belair. Unless the writing team is out of their minds, Belair wins this one and the torch is passed to her at Wrestlemania. She’s been on the main roster for only a year and has obvious Hall of Fame athleticism and charisma.
- Roman Reigns retains the WWE Universal Championship in a Last Man Standing Match with Kevin Owens. Very possible Brock Lesnar will appear after the match and beat the holy hell out of Reigns’ “special advisor to the Tribal Chief” and Lesnar’s former manager, Paul Heyman. If not, there may be something to the rumors that Reigns will be challenged at Wrestlemania by his cousin, The Rock.
- Drew McIntyre becomes the first champion since 2016 to successfully defend against Goldberg, retaining his WWE World Championship.
- Nia Jax and Shayna Bayzler defeat Asuka and Charlotte Flair to become two-time WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions. The lost sets up Asuka to defend the Raw Women’s Championship vs. Flair at Wrestlemania.
That’s the news for today. Back tomorrow with more.