It’s time to have a look at college football games this weekend of interest to local Memphians. Games are on Saturday except where noted otherwise.
- Mississippi State at 20 Ole Miss (Egg Bowl), 6:00 PM Thanksgiving, ESPN
- 19 Tulane at 24 Cincinnati, 11:00 AM Friday, ABC
- Arkansas vs. Missouri, 2:30 PM Friday, CBS
- Georgia Tech at 1 Georgia, 11:00 AM, ESPN
- 3 Michigan at 2 Ohio State, 11:00 AM, FOX
- Auburn at 7 Alabama (Iron Bowl), 2:30 PM, CBS
- 9 Oregon at 21 Oregon State, 2:30 PM, ABC
- Memphis at SMU, 2:30 PM, ESPN2
- Troy at Arkansas State, 2:30 PM, ESPNU
- Iowa State at 4 TCU, 3:00 PM, FOX
- 5 LSU at Texas A&M, 6:00 PM, ESPN
- 22 UCF at South Florida, 6:00 PM, ESPN2
- 15 Notre Dame at 6 USC, 6:30 PM, ABC
- 10 Tennessee at Vanderbilt, 6:30 PM, SEC Network
Local on Main will open at 2 PM today. Jessica will be bartending, and Miss Helen’s turkey and dressing will be available. I like turkey & dressing at Local because they put the cranberry sauce in a plastic cup. Cranberry sauce should NEVER touch any other item on a Thanksgiving dinner plate.
Check out this PBR lamp they have at Local. It’s straight outta 1965 when PBR was popular the first time around.
“That looks like something Mr. Furley would have had in his apartment,” I commented to my friend John D. Jessica didn’t know who Mr. Furley was.
From Action News 5: Westy’s prepares to feed those in need on Thanksgiving
Cerrito Trivia will host A Very Merry Quizmas at Stix Downtown on Thursday, December 8. There will be questions about Christmas food, movies, music, current events, and history. Questions about Elf, Home Alone, and Christmas Vacation are guaranteed. Prizes include gift cards and Starry Nights tickets.
The DM has a subscriber-only article about Ibis, the successor to Pontotoc Lounge. It’s owned by Jeremy and Matthew Thacker-Rhodes who had been partners with Daniel Masters in Pontotoc.
The Memphis Flyer’s 2022 holiday gift guide is out. Some great suggestions to shop local are in there.
So last night I was in a grouptext with my Thanksgiving co-host Randy and fellow guests Dani and Butt Slut #1. He informed us that we’re going to get to try Ole Smoky cookie dough whiskey at his house in Eads today. Very excited about that.
If you don’t want to wait for my blog post tomorrow to get a recap of what happened out in Eads, go to Bardog tonight. Dani will be bartending from 5 PM to 3 AM. They’ll have a $20 turkey dinner special.
Off to Eads I go. I’ll PROBABLY be back tomorrow morning with a Thanksgiving recap and whatever news pops up.