Moody Ques BBQ teammates: The payment button on the team website is now working. It’s time to pay your dues! I paid mine this morning. More BBQ team info coming soon.
Miss Cordelia’s is adding a juice bar station, and is looking to hire people to help. If interested, apply in person on Monday between 9-11 AM or 2-4 PM. View the Craigslist ad here.
It’s South Main Trolley Night tonight from 6 to 9. Many shops will stay open late for you to come shop. Entertainment includes
- Shelley Brown and Lee Booth-TBD
- Steve Reid- Art Jamn
- Mara Danielle-Sache
- Pistol and the Queen-Ernestine & Hazel’s
- Christopher Wright – A Memphis Thang
- Po Boys – Green Beetle
As an added incentive to get you to come visit, some of the shops put out free appetizers, beer, and wine. Free food? Wonder if the Nuh-Uh Girl will show up.
The Memphis Flyer has a list of Music Fest performers linked to their websites. Good way to check out bands you’re not familiar with.
The Mid-South Farm & Gin Show is in town this weekend. Welcome, ginners!
The Redbirds have announced a Kids’ Club for kids 12 and under. For your $10 membership fee you get
- Official membership card
- Bluff seating ticket to EVERY Sunday game (12 total)
- Exclusive member t-shirt
- Five (5) Boardwalk tokens
- Chance to be the “Kids Announcer of the Game”
- Chance to watch a game from a suite at AutoZone Park
- Lead the Running of the Bases after every Sunday game
- Special Flex Plan pricing for Mom & Dad
- A fun activity every Sunday
Not a bad deal at all.
The Tigers got their first “bad loss” last night against Houston. Hello 9-11 seed. We need to go out there and kill it in our remaining games. In better news, my Arkansas Razorbacks completed a sweep of Kentucky for the 2013-14 season, handing the Wildcats a rare home loss.
That’s it for now. Ready for a much-needed weekend to rest.