The launch party for Unveil Downtown is tomorrow night at Felicia Suzanne’s courtyard from 5 to 7 PM. The public is invited to attend for free. From June 1-20, 20 artists will exhibit their work in 20 venues throughout the Downtown core. The Felicia’s party will include music, food, a cash bar, and an auction for items the artists donated to the DNA. Free food? Wonder if the Nuh-Uh Girl will show up. From 7-9 the artists will hold receptions in their venues.
More artist news: The Orpheum is seeking artists to exhibit items in their annual Art Auction on Sunday, June 24. The artists get to set the minimum bid for their work, and keep 75% of the proceeds. The other 25% helps fund the Orpheum’s education programs. Deadline to apply to be part of the auction is June 11. More details here.
The Grizzlies are having another open house Saturday from 10 to 2. Get good deals on season tickets, try out your prospective seats, tour the locker rooms. Enter to win prizes, learn about special benefits for season ticket holders.
Get ready for another pub crawl on Beale. The #PrayForTrey pub crawl will happen Friday, July 15 on Beale Street. The crawl will benefit the family of Collierville high school student Trey Erwin, who has stage 4 pancreatic cancer. You must be 21 and wearing a #PrayForTrey shirt, available at the pub crawl and at various venues around town. Entry is $20 and can be purchased here. Registration will be on Beale at Second from 6 to 7 PM. Pub crawl stops:
6:00p – 7:30p : Blues CityCafe & Club 152
7:30p – 9:00p : Silkys, Rum Boogie Cafe
9:00p – 10:00p : Alfred’s
10:00p : Awards & Presentation of Check: Dancing Jimmy’s
Rain possible in the Memphis area until midnight. That’s going to put a damper on tube top watching at rooftop parties and at Italian Fest. It’s also going to prevent me from heading south for poker at Max’s. Saucer it is then, probably followed by the Blind Bear at some later point in the evening.