Stock & Belle at 387 S. Main will host a special event Sunday evening, June 25, from 5 to 9 PM. Bre Lasley was a victim of a horrible home break-in with an attempt on her life. She fought back and survived the attack. She founded the organization Fight Like Girls to tell her story and to encourage other women to fight back too. Bre will come to Stock & Belle to spread her inspiring message and celebrate unlimited strength in all women.
Check out the new Orpheum website! Looks good!
The annual Juneteenth celebration is going on all week, leading up to an outdoor urban music festival in Robert Church Park, on Beale just east of Fourth, Friday-Sunday June 16-18.
The free Envision Memphis boot camp is back at RiverPlay tonight, on Riverside between Court and Jefferson. The class is for age 18 and up. There is no need to RSVP, just meet at 6 PM at the Gear Shack at RiverPlay.
This is interesting:
Well that’s weird pic.twitter.com/ya7jP9apQT
— CBS Sports (@CBSSports) June 13, 2017
Time for thoughts on U.S. events this week. Feel free to stop reading if you don’t care about politics. You won’t be missing any Downtown news.
- That Cabinet meeting where they went around the room and praised Trump and the progress his administration has made: You realize that’s what happens in Kim Jong Un’s meetings right?
- Anyone else have the feeling that Defense Secretary Mattis looks at all this and thinks “WTF have I gotten myself into?”
- As much as we heard “I can’t recall…” or similar from Attorney General Jeff Sessions, perhaps he should be examined for early onset dementia.
- On the other hand, Sessions could totally be the poster boy for a campaign to get Americans to drink more water.
- Sen. Kamala Harris could well be a rising star in the Democratic party by the time all these hearings are done.
- As for this morning’s shooting at the Congressional baseball practice, it proves there are kooks on both the left and right.
That’s the news for now. I plan to be out at my usual Wednesday Silly Goose happy hour. Back tomorrow with more.