– If you’re going to the South Main Trolley Tour tonight and are looking for some post-tour live music, here’s one more option for you: The Prime Cut Band at the Marmalade Lounge, half a block up the street on G.E. Patterson. They gave me this flyer (click the images to view them in a larger size):
Orpheum pre-art and antique auction party – 6-7 PM
Crash Kole and the BlueSouls – Earnestine & Hazel’s 7 PM
Casablanca at the Orpheum – 7:15
Post-Casablanca party at the Westin
It looks like the Westin will have a post-party for the Orpheum movie series every Friday of the summer. This week they’ll have “Humphrey Bogart” and gin drinks. On deck for the movie series: Raiders of the Lost Ark Friday, July 6; Rocky Horror Picture Show Friday, July 13.
– There’s been some talk of Downtowners getting together and having a giant yard sale sometime this summer, possibly in the vacant lot next door to Earnestine & Hazel’s. All proceeds from the sale would be donated to WEVL. If you have anything you want to get rid of, e-mail me and I’ll put you in touch with the guy coordinating the sale.
– The Memphis Farmers Market will be open this Saturday, as they are every Saturday through October, from 7 AM (ughhhhh) to 1 PM. The theme this week is “Red, White and Blueberries” – it will be the one and only time this summer fresh Mississippi blueberries are available for sale. There will be an Independence Day celebration for the kids, with clowns all morning and a patriotic parade at 10:30. Check the website for full details.
– The CA had a review this morning of The Grill Room, the steakhouse next door to the Daily Grill in the Westin. Normally I’m not a big fan of Koeppel’s reviews, but this is the first I’ve heard about the Grill Room and there’s a lot of useful information. Although steak is their calling card, that lobster martini looks really good.
– The River Arts Fest coming to South Main the last weekend in October now has a website. I’ve been told there may be more info about the festival at Trolley Tour tonight.
– If you go out this weekend, don’t forget that tonight and tomorrow are the last days of Tube Top Month, so be sure to show your support.