Home from Sunday brunch, and surprisingly, SOBER at 5:30 in the afternoon. A few quick items before I pack up the laptop and head out to get some work done this evening.
– Last night I talked to one of the bartenders at EP Delta Kitchen for a while, and he told me what they’ve got going on for Monday Night Football… they have the biggest HDTV in Memphis on order, and it will be here in 4 days. He said that during the games they plan on having beer specials, free chili dogs, free chicken wings, and free fried mushrooms. WOW. It’s nearly impossible to pry me away from Pint Nite at the Saucer on Mondays, but this just may do it.
– Speaking of the Saucer… an article in Friday’s Memphis Business Journal reveals that the Saucer will become a 21-and-up venue on October 1 so they can continue to allow smoking. DAMN!!! I was looking forward to it being smoke-free. However, I have to admit it’s the right business move – they rarely had any kids in there anyway, and far more of their business came from smokers than from families.
– Eyewitness News has a story about the city’s newest voters – those who live in recently-annexed areas of East Bumblefuck – and how they could potentially swing the mayoral election away from King Willie.
– Downtown Night at the Westin, the monthly event that brings Downtown neighbors together to mingle, happens this Monday night the 24th from 5:30 to 7:00. Good people to talk to and a very nice FREE appetizer buffet.
– In case you missed it, yesterday there was an article in the Commercial Appeal on the reopening of Raiford’s. Says the new owners are doing everything they can to make it exactly the way it was before, with Raiford acting as a consultant and DJ.
That’s all for now… heading back out to get a headstart on the week’s work.