A few quick ones to start off this lunchtime post, then I have a couple of longer items…
First of all, Wiseacre Brewing Co. will make a decision by the end of March whether to lease the Mid-South Coliseum to expand its brewery space.
An apartment developer wants to close Pontotoc between Turley and Danny Thomas. This would put more FedExForum post-event traffic on congested MLK Jr. Ave. and Vance Ave.
The Shelby County Health Department is hiring for several positions.
This morning I posted that I learned recently that “flying monkeys” is a psychological term. Here’s a page with more info on flying monkeys.
In celebration of the arrival of Daylight Time, Ghost River is throwing a Spring Forward Festival on Sunday, March 12. They will lead off with Brunch at the Brewery with the Flying Sobies truck as usual, with fried hens, waffles and fries from 12 to 4 in the afternoon. Brunch drinks will be available all day.
They’ll have a few spring-themed vendors in the brewery taproom from 2 to 6. These will include Gardens Oy Vey (indoor/outdoor plants) and Somerset O’ Neill (hair flowers, headbands, gloves, coozies, and costume pieces and embellishments). They hope to add more vendors.
They will also have parking lot games including 4-square, ring toss, ladder toss, sidewalk chalk, and hula hoops on Sunday, and the games will be back on weekends from now on.
In conjunction with the time change, the weekly “Songwriter Sessions” will experience a time change as well. Formerly noon-3, the event will move to 5-7:30 and will transform into “Sunday Evening Slowdown.” Crockett Hall will host the event, and this Sunday he is bringing The Rusty Pieces. From 5 PM on this Sunday the Eddy’s Pepper food truck will be on site for the rest of the night.
Lansky Bros. has a website and marketing coordinator position open. Here are the details.
LANSKY BROS. WEBSITE AND MARKETING COORDINATOR
Lansky Bros, a family owned and locally operated high-fashion retailer for over 71 years in the Downtown Memphis area is seeking an innovative and creative thinker with the ability to multi-task and self-manage productively with sound understanding of the principles of marketing to join our team with a minimum of 2-4 years of marketing experience.
Please include cover letter and salary requirements when applying.
Qualified candidates will possess the following requirements:
1. Strong attention to detail, strong time management and organizational skills.
2. Computer proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, MS Office Suite, and ability to quickly learn how to manage the business tool for Able Commerce.
3. Customer Service skills and the ability to cultivate relationship with online customers
4. Monday-Friday 9a-5p + an occassional night or weekend which is scheduled with notice.
5. Able to adapt to any other non-related task.
6. Abiltiy to operate under pressure and meet deadlines.
1. Product/Inventory Management
2. Manage E-mail Campaigns for 4 Lists and grow customer E-mail lists
3. Execute and refine Social Media strategy, using current and emerging platforms
4. Coordinate Photoshoots
5. Write Informative Copy on All Products
6. Train new employees on all digital aspects of Lansky Bros.
7. Archive all Lansky PR
8. Maintain Google AdWords
9. Ability to meet online sales goals
10. Cultivate new customer business.
11. Pull Product from stores and Process all Internet Orders
Looking forward to meeting up with an old friend who’s in town after work. Back tomorrow with more news.