I have never been so happy to have my NCAA bracket busted!
I had Kansas going all the way to the Elite Eight, yet I did NOT root for them in yesterday’s Round of 32 matchup yesterday. I cheered for 8-seed Arkansas, who knocked off 1 Kansas 72-71 yesterday. It seemed like Kansas didn’t even try in the final 3 seconds despite being down only one.
I finished the day in 20th place out of 35 in my bracket league with a total of 30. Embarrassingly, I’m still losing to both of the main butt sluts, who are tied for 4th place with 34. The good news is, I still have a relatively high maximum possible total of 154. Six of my Elite Eight picks are still live, as are all of my Final Four.
My picks for today’s games:
- 3 Xavier over 11 Pittsburgh – 11:10 AM, CBS
- 3 Kansas State over 6 Kentucky – 1:40 PM, CBS
- 2 Marquette over 7 Michigan State – 4:15 PM, CBS
- 5 Saint Mary’s over 4 UConn – 5:10 PM, TNT
- 6 Creighton over 3 Baylor – 6:10 PM, TBS
- DON’T CARE – 16 Fairleigh Dickinson vs. 9 Florida Atlantic – 6:45 PM, truTV – I had neither team picked to get this far
- DON’T CARE – 5 Miami vs. 4 Indiana – 7:40 PM, TNT – I had neither team picked to get this far
- 3 Gonzaga over 6 TCU – 8:40 PM, TBS
The Grizzlies remain in third place in the Western Conference – but with the same record as second-place Sacramento – following their 133-119 win over Golden State last night. Next up: at home vs. Dallas on Monday. That game will be on NBA TV at 7 and it will be Hoops for St. Jude Night at FedExForum. It will also be Memphis Islamic Heritage Night.
Today is National Poultry Day. I’d recommend driving through a Jack Pirtle’s location to celebrate. The closest one to Downtown is at Thomas and Chelsea.
The Trumpster suggested he will be arrested on Tuesday and encouraged his wacko followers to protest.
From ABC 24: Watch Jeghetto’s Superheroes Puppet Parade march down Beale
There will be a hiring event at the Hard Rock on Beale from 9 to 11 AM Monday. They’re hiring for all hourly positions.
That’s it. It’s a rather slow news day. Back tomorrow, if there’s anything to report.