Free video games at the Cossitt Library!
Ms. Pac-Man and Galaga are the featured games on the console, but there are 10 pages of ’80s retro games available. It’s in the upstairs corner by the young adult fiction and the giant Connect Four game.
The Majestic Grille’s Saturday (11-3) and Sunday (10-3) brunch returns this weekend, and they have upgraded their menu. New items include
- Bakery selections
- Harissa chicken hash
Yum that new menu looks good!
Let’s have a look at this weekend’s college football games of interest to Memphians:
Thursday, September 14
- Navy at Memphis, 6:30 PM, ESPN
Saturday, September 16
- 14 LSU at Mississippi State, 11:00 AM, ESPN
- South Carolina at 1 Georgia, 2:30 PM, CBS
- 10 Alabama at South Florida, 2:30 PM, ABC
- 11 Tennessee at Florida, 6:00 PM, ESPN
- Stony Brook at Arkansas State, 6:00 PM, ESPN+
- Georgia Tech at 17 Ole Miss, 6:30 PM, SEC Network
- BYU at Arkansas, 6:30 PM, ESPN2
- Colorado State at 18 Colorado, 9:00 PM, ESPN
Not one ranked vs. ranked matchup.
Blind Bear has announced its specials for this week:
- Chicken & wild rice soup – rice, onion, celery, chicken cup 6 / bowl 8
- Fish & chips – dill tartar sauce 14
- Shrimp & grits – shrimp, peppers, onions, pepper jack cheese grits 16
- Colossal cheesecake – strawberry puree 8
A woman is missing after boarding one of the Downtown riverboats for a cruise.
The Mississippi River is once again nearing record low levels.
The CA has a look at The Lobbyist, Momma’s, and Slider Inn Downtown in outdoor patios you need to try.
StyleBlueprint looks at the best burgers in Memphis. Momma’s, Bishop, Green Beetle, Slider Inn, and Earnestine & Hazel’s were among the Downtown spots that made the list.
The ARRIVE Hotel is hiring a programming & culture manager.
The Memphis Grizzlies are hiring a digital marketing intern.
Bobbie Stacks & Jack Rowell play Momma’s tonight 6 to 9.
Tonight is Whiskey Wednesday at Eight & Sand.
That’s all I have the time & energy to post right now. Back sometime with more news.