An anonymous person arranged for baby goats for Jess to hang out with prior to the start of her shift.
The goats are from 901 Goats, a farm in Fayette County. The one Jessica is holding is about 4 weeks old. The goats on leashes are 10-11 months. Their caretakers were feeding them Cheerios.
The goats can be booked for goat yoga classes – at your place – for around $600, I’m told. We’re talking about getting a group together. If we got 30 people that’d be only $20 each.
Specials at Local on Main today:
Mississippi pot roast with stewed okra
Let’s have a look at college football games this weekend of interest to Memphians:
- Colorado at Washington State, 9:30 PM, FS1
- Chattanooga at 8 Alabama, 11:00 AM, ESPN+
- UL Monroe at 13 Ole Miss, 11:00 AM, SEC Network
- 24 Tulane at Florida Atlantic, 11:00 AM, ESPN+
- Southern Miss at Mississippi State, 11:00 AM, SEC Network
- Abilene Christian at Texas A&M, 11:00 AM, SEC Network
- SMU at Memphis, 11:00 AM, ESPN2
- 22 Utah at 17 Arizona, 1:30 PM, Pac-12 Network
- Texas State at Arkansas State, 2:00 PM, ESPN+
- 1 Georgia at 18 Tennessee, 2:30 PM, CBS
- New Mexico State at Auburn, 3:00 PM, SEC Network
- 21 Kansas State at 25 Kansas, 6:00 PM, FS1
- 5 Washington at 11 Oregon State, 6:30 PM, ABC
- Florida at 9 Missouri, 6:30 PM, ESPN
- Florida International at Arkansas, 6:30 PM, ESPNU
- Kentucky at South Carolina, 6:30 PM, SEC Network
- Georgia State at 15 LSU, 7:00 PM, ESPN2
My thoughts on this week’s schedule, summed up in one photo?
More teams playing cream puff opponents than we’ve seen since Week 3. I guess this is a safety valve adopted by many teams to ensure that 6th win – and bowl eligibility. Although, it looks like a few teams may get waivers to sneak into a bowl with a 5-7 record this year.
Today is National Zinfandel Day.
New Ballet Ensemble School’s NutRemix comes to the Cannon Center this weekend. Imagine The Nutcracker, but on Beale Street.
Cheers to my friend Bill who moves to Illinois today. It’s been a pleasure hanging out with you in Downtown Memphis, sir. Please come back and visit.
Experimenting with NOISY and CRATE as my starter words in Wordle. Results are pretty good so far.
Hmmm. LOUSY and IRATE might be even better…
The MOXY Memphis hotel is organizing a New Year’s Eve bar crawl. I normally hate NYE but this is not a bad list of stops. NYE is on a Sunday this year. Note that you’d be back at the hotel partying with fellow pub crawlers rather than a bunch of random drunk yahoos at midnight.
Any locals been to Bar Moxy in the hotel? Is it worth checking out on a normal, non-holiday evening? The hotel promotes it like it’s a destination for non-guests.
The Grizzlies lost to the L.A. Lakers last night, effectively reducing Memphis’ chance of winning the NBA in-season tournament to zero. Marcus Smart and Luke Kennard went down to injuries. The Grizzlies drop to 2-9. Is it too early to consider tanking for the season?
Bishop, the French restaurant in Central Station Hotel, seeks a sous chef.
Not Downtown but worth a Lyft or Uber: Pho pop-up event this Sunday
507 Lux Lounge, in the basement of Curry N Jerk at 150 Monroe, will host Cocktails & Conversations tonight at 7. This is a place for adult topics we’re usually conditioned to avoid. Tonight’s topic: How do we reach our youth?
Texan Marcia Bell comes to the Halloran Centre this Saturday. Tickets are $39.50.
A bridal & wedding expo comes to the Renasant Convention Center Sunday.
Fish & chips and a fried pork chop sandwich are the specials today at Bardog.
That’s it for now. Back tomorrow.